Ambitious and passionate Home Product Development & Marketing graduate trained in marketing, merchandising, development, design, sourcing, manufacturing and packaging for products in all categories relevant to the home. Expert in drawing and painting, and possesses a keen eye for color, layout and design. Superb written and verbal communication skills. Positive and upbeat personality with professional demeanor.
Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York, NYC
Bachelor of Science, Home Product Development & Marketing 2013
• Developed skills and knowledge to design, produce, and market in all home product categories
• Studied licensing and branding, marketing, trend forecasting, and packaging design
• Interviewed manufacturing executives as part of analysis of processes for hard and soft goods
Associate of Science, Fashion Merchandising & Marketing Management 2011
• Identified key buying and planning concepts involved in producing successful
• Developed sales and marketing skills necessary to successfully promote and move product
• Explored principal buying and planning concepts involved in creating lucrative merchandising strategies
Worldwide Fabric Inc., Los Angeles, CA 2013-14
E-Commerce Product Manager and Graphic Designer
• Collaborated with web developer to design new website layout, improving user experience and sales
• Designed and created visuals and promotional graphics for website, social media channels and newsletters
• Staged and photographed merchandise, retouched images using Photoshop and wrote all detailed item descriptions
• Maintained, organized and managed e-commerce inventory utilizing Magento
• Grew total ecommerce sales by 30%, and Facebook audience by 40%, over 60 day period
Pratesi Luxury Linens at ABC Carpet & Home, New York, NY 2011-12
Assistant Showroom Manager
• Drove sales by identifying client needs and concerns and providing excellent customer service
• Executed successful visual merchandising techniques to promote sales of luxury bedding
• Managed a cohesive work environment for sales associates by stressing the importance of.teamwork
• Maintained, organized, and replenished inventory
CHF Industries, New York, NY 2010-12
Merchandising and Design Assistant
• Partnered with bedding and bath design teams, assisting in color specification, sample .
commentary, and new product development for textiles and bath accessories
• Produced presentation materials to aid in the communication of new product styles to licensors
• Created and executed visual merchandising displays for showroom
TJ’s Pizzeria and Restaurant, Poughkeepsie, NY 2007-11
• Built and managed strong staff in a fast paced environment
• Developed exceptional customer service skills
Adam’s Floral Shoppe, Poughkeepsie, NY 2007-09
Floral Designer and Customer Service
• Managed web marketing and web commerce
• Continuously surpassed sales goals
MAC & PC
Sage 100 MRP
International Home and Housewares Show, Chicago, IL - 2012: Researched and investigated the manufacturing processes of housewares.
International Home Furnishings Market, High Point, NC - 2011: Produced comparative market survey of case goods, upholstery products and housewares; directly interacted with senior executives to determine marketing strategies and manufacturing processes.
NY NOW/New York International Gift Fair, NYC - 2010-13: Identified and analyzed product trends in the home and drove sales for Nandini Textiles and Karen Alweil Studio.
International Furnishings Design Association, NYC - 2011: Volunteered at various industry events.
First place winner of Home Products Development Senior Competition - 2013
Vice President of Home Products Club - 2011-13
Global Scholar - 2013